Pages

Friday 19 June 2009

About me

Hello everybody and welcome on my blog,

my name is Cristiana, on Myspace I'll soon be 100 years old, in real life I'm a little younger.

In ancient times, when Once unpon a long ago was present, I took my university degree in foreign languages - and literatures - with a work on the influence on French Symbolism on Oscar Wilde's Salomè, then I took another path...

I started to actively follow children's literature not a very long while ago: as usual I seem to need quite some meditation before finding the right way.

The passion for this part of literature I owe to my grandma, the only one I ever had... here she is



My grandmother was a simple person but she had a fervent imagination: she used to spend nights reading novels of any kind, she would have spent her life travelling, she was proud when she could eat much sugar and butter because - said she - having these goods during the war meant being rich, she loved listening to the radio and singing while she was doing housekeeping, she used to invent incredible games for her grandsons but, most of all, she was a wonderful storyteller. I remember the magic of slightly sleepy afternoons, right after lunch, while laying in bed she used to tell me amazing stories: her arms smelled so good and from that safe port I used to sail away light as breeze, ready for adventures beyond compare, always different. You might be wandering why I'm telling you about her... Because talking about her is as well talking about me, and because it's only thanks to her if I still keep sailing light as a cloud.

Getting back to the much less magic me... I have been writing for a children's literature magazine for a while, I have made several creative laboratories for kids aged 4 to 8, I should soon start Children's Literature classes at the local Popular University, and now here I am with this new exciting adventure.

I was lucky enough to travel quite a bit, this gave me the opportunity to find books that, here in Italy, are not so easy to find and I will be very happy to share them with you... Same thing said for Italian, French, Spanish and any other country's books that haven't been translated yet. During my research I was able to find real treasures, almost forgotten, that I would like to highlight in this blog.


I believe this is all I had to say, maybe...


And now, I make a bow and disappear in the mist!


Cristiana

No comments:

Post a Comment